We have already provided solutions to all the exercises in the book “C Programming Language (2nd Edition)“ popularly known as K & R C book.
To browse more C Programs visit this link
In this blog post I will give links to all the exercises from Chapter 6 of the book for easy reference.
Chapter 6: Structures
- Exercise 6-1. Our version of getword does not properly handle underscores, string constants, comments, or preprocessor control lines. Write a better version.
Solution to Exercise 6-1.
- Exercise 6-2.Write a program that reads a C program and prints in alphabetical order each group of variable names that are identical in the first 6 characters but different somewhere thereafter. Don’t count words within strings and comments. Make 6 a parameter that can be set from the command line.
Solution to Exercise 6-2.
- Exercise 6-3.Write a cross-referencer that prints a list of all words in a document, and, for each word, a list of the line numbers on which it occurs. Remove noise words like “the,” “and,” and so on.
Solution to Exercise 6-3.
- Exercise 6-4. Write a program that prints the distinct words in its input sorted into decreasing order of frequency of occurrence. Precede each word by its count.
Solution to Exercise 6-4.
- Exercise 6-5. Write a function undef that will remove a name and definition from the table maintained by lookup and install .
Solution to Exercise 6-5.
- Exercise 6-6. Implement a simple version of the #define processor (i.e., no arguments) suitable for use with C programs, based on the routines of this section. You may also find getch and ungetch helpful.
Solution to Exercise 6-6.
To get regular updates on new C programs, you can Follow @c_program
You can discuss these programs on our Facebook Page. Start a discussion right now,
Like to get updates right inside your feed reader? Grab our feed!
One comment on “K & R C Chapter 6 Exercise Solutions.”
Every single code We try either leaves an enormous gap towards the top of the web page, or at the end of the web page. Its certainly that code causing this.. I’ve attempted so many rules trying to conceal the websites & extended network, but they all keep a white gap either at the top or at the bottom.. Anyone got one that doesnt cause the white gap? Or how to take away the white space?.